Add first column with task name

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Hi all! I want to know if there are any way to add a column with task name.
Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Hi gonzaloelon,

Where do you want to add the column?

The example application uses a DataGridView to display the start and end times. You can add the column to the DataGridView and populate the rows with your task names.

If you want more sophisticated display, you can use http://objectlistview.sourceforge.net/cs/index.html
Apr 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I want to add a column inside the control. It's possible? Or put bar label at the left.
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
There is no built-in feature to add column with task name. You have to code your own column control and fill it with the task names.

For how it is right now, it will be easiest to create the "column" using another DataGridView or ListView control such as in the GanttChartExample > ExampleFull.cs to show the task names on the left.

Alternatively, you can find the code for painting the chart area Chart._Draw() in Chart.cs and modify it to suit but it will be complicated and you have to deal with freezing and hiding the left column as you scroll horizontally or print to file.
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Yes, you're right.
Thanks!
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
jakesee wrote:
There is no built-in feature to add column with task name. You have to code your own column control and fill it with the task names.

For how it is right now, it will be easiest to create the "column" using another DataGridView or ListView control such as in the GanttChartExample > ExampleFull.cs to show the task names on the left.

Alternatively, you can find the code for painting the chart area Chart._Draw() in Chart.cs and modify it to suit but it will be complicated and you have to deal with freezing and hiding the left column as you scroll horizontally or print to file.
Well, i use with datagridview, that's ok, now, how to make both control to simultaneous scrolll vertically?
Thanks!